As part of a larger wave of urban revitalization taking place in the Edge District just East of Downtown Memphis, A2H designed the complete restoration of this historic building. The renovations converted this building into a potential mixed-use space that could house retail or small-scale restaurant space on the street level and offices above. The building consists of three levels that make up a total of 27,000 SF of space.
Constructed in 1916 for the Memphis Overland Company, it was originally used as an automotive display, sale, service, and storage facility. In 2021 it was listed on the National Registry of Historic Places and successfully pursued Historic Tax Credits as part of this project to support its preservation.
Before the redevelopment was undertaken, the building had fallen into a state of disrepair. The façade has deteriorated, windows were boarded up, and parts of the building were covered in graffiti. Now, the historic facade has been completely restored to its original historic state, the windows have been replaced, additional daylighting has been added, and the building envelope has been repaired. The interior of the building has been renovated and prepared as shell space for potential tenants.